Auto Accident Tips
- Stop Immediately! Pennsylvania law requires that if you are involved in an accident you must stop at the accident scene. You should immediately call an ambulance if anyone is injured. However, do not try to move the injured persons. If possible, try to warn oncoming vehicles of the accident.
- Call the Police Call the Police immediately so that an accident report can be prepared. Always get the Police report number and the Police Officer’s name. Give only your name, address, Driver’s License number, license plate number, name of the registered owner of the car and finally your insurance information.
- Do not admit anything, even if you think that you are at fault Being in an automobile accident causes a
great deal of immediate emotion like stress, excitement and anger. Take time to cool down and think about what happened to
cause the accident before you make any statements to others regarding what caused the accident or who was at fault. Instead,
take down the other driver’s name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, license plate number, name of the registered owner of the car, state of license, and insurance information.
- Inform your Insurance company Make a thorough accident report to your insurance company without delay.
If you are injured, go to the emergency room or have a physician examine you as soon as possible. TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS OF ALL DAMAGES AND INJURIES.
- Call Attorney Greg Artim! Since each case is unique, call Attorney Artim as soon as possible to assist in
handling problems associated with the accident. You should be cautious of any person or insurance company who offers to adjust your injury claim or tries to hurry you into a settlement. If you are involved in an accident and have a viable claim, you should not go it alone. Be sure to consult with an attorney, whether it is myself or another attorney, to ensure that your interests and rights are protected.
I provide free consultations for clients throughout Western Pennsylvania, including Home and Hospital visits, if necessary. NO attorneys’ fees or costs to you unless we recover a settlement, benefits, or verdict in your case. To set up a free initial consultation, contact my office at 412-823-8003 or send an email to Attorney Greg Artim